- Each constituency team would have plan and execute their own campaign strategy - the ball is in our court.
- The elections are likely to be 3rd/4th week April. We have 100 days!!
- We would need to find the right people and build teams and get into execution mode latest by 1st Feb.
- We need offices in Colaba, Mumbadevi, Byculla, Sewri, Worli and Malabar Hill.
- We need to activate a collection drive for money - we will need to raise at least 50 lac through crowd sourcing.
- There are approx 1500 polling booths in South Mumbai.
- We will need approx 25/30 volunteers per booth not just on polling day they need to come on board sooner rather than later because they will form the bulk of our door to door campaign in their respective areas (1500x30=45000!!) This is 80% of the work.
- Our volunteers need to establish personal contact with the voters. This was also the main reason why AAP did so well in Delhi. The press says that BJP also plans to focus on door to door campaign.
- A draft induction and training manual that all our volunteers should read and understand, is under preparation.
- A constituency manifesto is under preparation.
- Other aspects of the campaign would be to effectively use social media, telemarketing, leaflets, posters events and research.
This LS 2014 Elections ... will you, the voter, make a promise ?
“The AAP will make no promises to you. Instead it will ask you to make a promise. This time you will not cast your vote on the basis of kinship. You will forget caste; you will drive away the distributors of alcohol and money. AAP has not come to ask you for your vote. If there is anything we ask of you, it is to have faith in yourselves; and to listen to the voice of your soul. This election is not about the victory or defeat of political parties; it is about victory or defeat within ourselves. In front of the voting machine, we must think of the future of our children, the future of our city and our dreams for the future of our country.” Short link http://bit.ly/meera4mumbai