- Meera Sanyal's Vision for Mumbai
- Living spaces for every family including the poorest by having access to legal, affordable and decent homes with water supply, sanitation, electricity and telecommunications.
- Good schools for our children, from all sections of society
- Affordable healthcare
- Modernize markets of fresh produce like vegetables, fish and poultry
- Parks and playgrounds, recreation for the entire family.
- Accessibility & safety - Basic facilities like schools, hospitals, markets and recreation facilities within walking distance, and safe, comfortable and efficient public transport systems allowing Mumbaikars to commute to work.
- How can this be done?
- Swaraj or local empowerment, the bedrock of the Aam Aadmi Party’s philosophy. It is grassroots decision-making where you, the resident, can participate and represent your locality, joining with us to improve your area, our city and our country.
- 1546, the Magic Number. Our South Mumbai constituency comprises 20 lakh people. These are broken up into 1546 polling booths. Each booth comprises 1,000 voters. We need 1546 volunteers, representing each booth, to directly communicate with voters and with our team.
- Participation as a volunteer is high public service. You will learn about local issues, strengthen the party at the grassroots level and be prepared for empowered citizenship. Your participation will create a less corrupt, safer and cleaner Mumbai for all of us.
- Where is the space?
- Right here in South Mumbai – its docklands. The Docklands are the abandoned remnants of Mumbai Port whose dry cargo activities have largely shifted to the new Jawaharlal Nehru Port(JNPT) across the harbour. These 322 hectares (773 acres) will provide the city of Mumbai space for its much-needed parks, sports fields, cultural centres, schools, colleges and hospitals.
- "I will work to return to Mumbai, these open spaces now occupied by the docklands." This was the pledge made by the late Prime Minister Mrs. Indira Gandhi to the city of her birth, in a Directive of 1980.
- AAP ka Action ?
- We call upon every citizen of Mumbai to reclaim this land and to compel the government to deliver on that promise.
- Join AAP and Meera to get Mumbai Back on Track !
This LS 2014 Elections ... will you, the voter, make a promise ?
“The AAP will make no promises to you. Instead it will ask you to make a promise. This time you will not cast your vote on the basis of kinship. You will forget caste; you will drive away the distributors of alcohol and money. AAP has not come to ask you for your vote. If there is anything we ask of you, it is to have faith in yourselves; and to listen to the voice of your soul. This election is not about the victory or defeat of political parties; it is about victory or defeat within ourselves. In front of the voting machine, we must think of the future of our children, the future of our city and our dreams for the future of our country.” Short link http://bit.ly/meera4mumbai